Thursday, May 11, 2006

What if saving the church is a self-defeating mission?

While looking for Maclaren's piece on Dan Brown for Sojourners, I came across the following -- which I think is much more interesting and helpful:
I often hear someone say, "We're exploring new ways of doing church." Or "We're seeking church renewal." Or even "We're developing a postmodern church service. It's very cool. We're very innovative." In all these ways, my colleagues and I, for all our good intentions, show that we may not be likely to succeed.

These efforts overlook one small detail. Whatever we change (style of music, style of preaching, use of art, candles, incense, etc.), we're not changing the thing that needs changing most.

To read the entire article, click here

The Lord be with you,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home